Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Aging accidental boarder needs board advice
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #22 (permalink)
Deeplyfelt

Quote:
Hello there, I'm another "older" learner here! I decided I would continue on this I got a 5% flat rocker board. I progressed a lot and rarely caught any edges, but the thing was scary as heck on ice - which is what we have here in SoCal.
So glad to hear from you! I consider this my 3rd season too - that first one only lasted long enough for me to coach the bug! I have a pass for Whitewater, known for it's extensive powder. I'm only 20 minutes from the lift so if I get up there and it's icey or snow cement I head home. I guess I'm on the slopes about 3-5 days a week though not necessarily for the full day each time.

Based on this I will rule the Ollie pop out. Thanks for that - narrowing the field helps. I'll have a look at the rossignol diva for sure. Toe side turns have always been my nemesis but I thought it was my fear. Could be it's also my board?

Quote:
wanted to try a directional board as I only ride groomers and am a slow rider also. Wish you lived out here - my hubby and I can't find anyone our age to board with - they all have bad backs or knees or some ailment to prevent them from coming with us. We have no active friends!!! We need new ones!!!
C'mon up up to Canada for a visit. The hill opens dec 1 weather permitting and it promises to be a huge poder season again this year!

Blessings & Good Cheer
Helen
Deeplyfelt is offline   Reply With Quote