Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with buying my new setup
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpowder View Post
1) honcho seems to be nice board, why would you prefer honcho instead of bullet? because of flex scale only?

2) 2 next boards are a bit expensive and here comes my question again, if price comes to 500-600 euro, isnt it better to buy libtech board for example?

3) or is it better to have whole setup from 1 brand? i like burton but it doesnt mean that i want burton stuff only, i just feel like i can trust that brand whatever i buy

4) and btw those 2 boards are channel boards, so then i have to change bindings as well for est, but i think i dont need channel type

5) so if i will get that stiff setup which is best for freeride, will it handle some moves on park as well if ill decide to try it? i just need a board for everything, but mostly for freeride lets say

6) and also question about setup i chose (bullet + cartel + motos) , im just curious - would it handle freeride? even if its not so stiff etc?
1) Honcho is cambered instead of rocker, better for freeride IMHO... Stiffer + camber = less chatter, better edge hold, better high speed stability

2) I don't think libtech is any better than Burton at the high end. I'm riding a $1000 burton board that libtech doesn't make anything like...

3) No need to keep all the same brand, nothing wrong with having all three components from three different brands if each one is the right piece for the system

4) Yeah, the cartel's are available in EST/Channel though so that's no big deal. Only thing I regret about buying a complete EST setup a few years ago is not being able to take the excellent bindings and slap them on an exotic freeride board from Germany. I ended up having to find Burton non-EST bindings for that purpose.

5) I ride the stiffest board, boots, bindings in Burton's lineup, and I still do "butter" moves, jump, etc. I just don't do any rails (not my thing)...

6) Nothing wrong with the setup you chose, except the bindings are significantly stiffer than the board and boots. They're a little overkill. You'd also start running into the board as a limiting factor if you got into some higher speed carving. With a medium to stiff board it'll handle the speed way better.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote