Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Documentary Opinions?
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Toomeyct

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaP17A View Post
Good call haha that is the only thing that bothered me about the documentary. It is a huge group of skaters and in my case, snowboarders so it will most likely be thrown in there a lot haha.

I like you, fly over to Vermont and let me interview you haha. Thanks for the input!
Yeah skateboarders and snowboarders are just a group of people that this is a particular problem. Its nothing against their culture or their personalities as I love the culture myself and honestly I didn't know that I talked that way until someone told me. Most people probably don't. Its just something that I would mention to them before the interview. I don't think anyone would take it personally as I highly doubt anyone really wants to talk like that. It was explained to me that we use words such as "like" or "um" to fill in gaps in our speech between our brain composing our sentences and those sentences actually coming out of our mouths. If you just talk a little slower and use pauses in your speech, things like this go away. Its really amazing how easy it is to fix once you realize you are doing it.

But on to things that matter. Another idea I had is to maybe bring in some people passing from the beginning stage to intermediate. I remember that being my eureka moment. The first run that I made that was longer than a few minutes was also probably the first run that I started to make real turns and plan real lines. My friend and I who were of the same skill level made that run together. As soon as we hit the bottom, we didn't even speak. Just high fived and knew exactly what the other was thinking. It would be interesting to hear the ideas and opinions of the people who just caught the bug.
Toomeyct is offline   Reply With Quote