Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain/powder friendly board
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #43 (permalink)
nip175

JHeagz - what Rice board do you have? blunt or pointy? maybe thats why its not so great in the pow? or... sorry to say it could just be you. i have a lib phoenix, which is pretty much the same as your board, and i have no problem in pow, last season in whistler was fucking insane, so much powder, i had multiple 50cm+ days, and my board kills it in the pow. i never got stuck or felt like there was to much pow. im thinkin you could try a different stance in the pow, or maybe its a binding issue. i have a real hard time believing your board wont float, no offence but i think its the rider. also i didnt read every page, but i saw you ride on the east coast. you must not be used to powder, thats why you have trouble floating on it because unless your board is physically damaged, i would say it's still good, and they still use all that same tech in the same board today. not to much has changed in the last few years.
nip175 is offline   Reply With Quote