Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feet going numb from boots
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #21 (permalink)
wrathfuldeity
Resident poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrotumphillips View Post
My understanding is that ski boot fitting is much more intensive than snowboard boot fitting. And that really wouldn;t fix anything because my boots are perfectly comfortable.

I guess I'll have to try lacing my boots differently to see if I can increase blood flow. I've ridden a few seasons with bad blood flow, so we'll see .
fwiw foot numbness can also be from pressure on a peripheral nerve. Some of this is counter-intituitive...I used to have numbness but when I finally put in some good insoles that supported my high arch that did the trick and allowed me to loosen the lower boot, gain more response, comfort and no more numbness. The issue was that I was tightening the lower boot and ratcheted down the ankle strap too much thus putting pressure on the nerve that runs on top of the foot and collasping the arch....thus having a supportive insole stopped the need to overtighten the ankle strap and lower boot....and I was suprised how much more response I got from my boot and binding. For me the insole was a definite performance and comfort upgrade...highly recommended as a potential fix.