Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Feet going numb from boots
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 08:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cycle4Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathfuldeity View Post
fwiw foot numbness can also be from pressure on a peripheral nerve. Some of this is counter-intituitive...I used to have numbness but when I finally put in some good insoles that supported my high arch that did the trick and allowed me to loosen the lower boot, gain more response, comfort and no more numbness.
Preventing numb toes while snowboarding

Dogfunk.com - Snowboard Boot Buyer's Guide from Dogfunk.com

Which is why you should go to a reputable boot fitter. Your boot could be too wide, to narrow, not enough arch support, poor heal fit, poor ankle fit, too loose. The list of potential problems is huge. Any of which could contribute to numbness.

People suggesting different boots are shooting in the dark. What works for them, may not work for you! Some people have little feet with large arches. Others get mistaken for big foot when they walk on the beach.

I've spent an hour in a bike shop getting rid of hotspots. I ended up with a wedge, and a specialized insole with proper arch support and a metatarsal button to keep my feet bones from crunching on power transfer. This is the same type of problem, different sport.

Get to a good bootfitter. They won't be happy until you're happy. Don't BS yourself and waste money trying this boot and that boot because other people say it fits their feet. Their feet aren't yours.
Cycle4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote