Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with buying my new setup
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lamps
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpowder View Post
ok i see

do you have any experience with channel boards? are they better for intermediate? or they work good only for advenced riders? are there any negatives about channel system or positives only?

i see that there are some good prices on sherlock's from 2012, like that -

BURTON Sherlock 2012 163cm

what do you think?

// its not wide version but still you can take a look on that, just in case ill find same board but wide
I have this board and really like it. I think that it is a good board for intermediate riders, it is pretty easy to turn and has a hybrid shape so it doesn't catch edges as easily as a regular cambered boards. It is a great board in soft snow and powder, however it is not a great board for icy or very hard packed conditions so it depends on where you ride.

It doesn't matter your skill level when it comes to the channel.

I really like the channel and EST system, it is simple, and very easily adjusted. Some people don't like it b/c they worry that with only two screws it might slip, I have not had this problem myself.

Some people don't like EST/Channel because it means that you have to have burton board and burton bindings or use extra plates to convert (or a few others now use the system too).
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote