Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some help with buying my new setup
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
bpowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I have this board and really like it. I think that it is a good board for intermediate riders, it is pretty easy to turn and has a hybrid shape so it doesn't catch edges as easily as a regular cambered boards. It is a great board in soft snow and powder, however it is not a great board for icy or very hard packed conditions so it depends on where you ride.

It doesn't matter your skill level when it comes to the channel.

I really like the channel and EST system, it is simple, and very easily adjusted. Some people don't like it b/c they worry that with only two screws it might slip, I have not had this problem myself.

Some people don't like EST/Channel because it means that you have to have burton board and burton bindings or use extra plates to convert (or a few others now use the system too).
well like i said before, im doing mostly freeride, but i want board for all mountain so i can try some parks etc as well. i like to jump some, but i wont try some big fat jumpers, mostly jumps in the forest, maybe some small jumpers in the park, maybe some rail but nothing fat yet

i dont like to ride on icy/hard packed conditions but you never know what the weather will be

i think ill buy that sherlock board if you guys think it can work for all mountain as well

so lets say im buying sherlock board + ambush boots, now the question comes about bindings again

diode est 2012 - BURTON Diode EST 2012 black

cartel est 2013 - BURTON Cartel EST 2012 black

or maybe something else?

or maybe better idea would be to buy cartels est 2012 and spend some more cash on board/boots?

damn more i look in the internet more questions i ask, compering to my old setup which is some factory board + dunno what bindings + burton used boots for 25 euro from 90s any setup will be fucking good now, but why not try to find something that will be perfect for me?

hope you still want to help me!

Last edited by bpowder; 11-06-2012 at 12:43 PM.
bpowder is offline   Reply With Quote