Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Car Rental Tips
Thread: Car Rental Tips
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dphan913 View Post
Hey everyone,

This is my first time planning a snowboarding trip and I'm kinda stumped on how big of a car I should rent. I'm going to Denver and driving up to Keystone. I have 8 passengers and so I have to account for all the luggage for them.

At this point the questions I have are....
1. Should I rent two cars?; One minivan and one small car in order to put luggage in minivan and people in small car (Or do you think a minivan or a large SUV can fit 8 + luggage
2. Anyone know a good ballpark price of how much a vehicle would cost or be considered a good deal? (We're going to arrive in denver on 12/14 and back home 12/18, so a total of 5 days)
3. Any recommended car rental places in denver?
With 8 people you'll either need 2 vehicles or a small bus.

Not even a Suburban can handle 8 people and all their snow gear. In 2010 I did a 6 person, 5 day trip to Breckenridge. 4 snowboarders, 2 skiers. We barely fit us and all of our stuff in the car... and that was with loading skis and boards on the roof rack.

The same year (one month prior) I did a 4-person trip to Breckenridge (1 boarder, 2 people with skis). That time I rented my own car and the 3 other people were in an Escalade. They were tightly packed, but could have probably squeezed my stuff in..... but having two cars was extremely helpful because we met up with friends after we got into town.

I would do one suburban, and one mid-to large SUV. Pack one car with mostly luggage (and only 2-3 people), then pack the other car with people and little luggage.

Everyone will be more comfortable, and two vehicles will be available for when people need to go to different places.
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote