Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Boot Saga... (ala Goldilocks)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
OldDog
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Tried the TM II, wasn't crazy about the old-skool laces. Seemed like a PITA.

Just got off the phone with the owner of the shop I bought the Burtons from. He apologized for his shit staff and told me I should have got a 20% discount on the 2012 Ambush purchase. He also told me he has a 2013 Ambush in a 9 (they didn't show me) and he also ordered more Imperials should I want to try them.

I may make the drive this afternoon to get rid of these 2012's and try the 2013's. He also suggested that I may like the 2013's better and that the Imperials would definately hold up better than the Ambush. I told him I was going for a 30 day first season and he said the Imperial might be a better boot. However, the Ambush is lighter and more flexible. Talk about non-committal. How the fuck should I know, I'm a n00b!

I know you said the process may take a couple of years, I just hate to throw down $350 only to find that I don't like the boots and I want to go softer or stiffer half-way through the season.

As for the reminds, don't think I can get those in Canada without paying a shitload of shipping and what not. Probably have to go Sole I think...

So, for a n00B who wants to eventually ride trees and catch big air also maybe some hiking and BC late in the season or early next year would you go Ambush or Imperial?

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
No 32 is 32. The Lashed is kind of equivalent to the Burton Moto, top seller, pretty soft and parky. The TM-Two should be perfect for you. Also don't be scared of getting a pretty stiff boot, as long as its not like a hardboot and you aren't riding all skatey style in the park, the support of a stiff boot really helps you to turn with your legs. There are caveats on either side for a noob, sloppiness of a soft boot can bite you as much as the lack of forgiveness in a hard one, honestly it won't matter what you learn to ride in since you have nothing to compare it to. All that matters is comfort.

If your nearest shops are 40 minutes away and full of dooshbags, I wouldn't feel that much pressure to support them with your boot purchase. Maybe go back to the guy who was cool for bindings and stuff, but you gotta get the right shit for your feet, and when you begin, that process can take a season or 2.

Also Remind insoles unless you already have or plan to afford full customs.
OldDog is offline   Reply With Quote