Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Snowboard Technology
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mcfloyd

Default Snowboard Technology

Right now I have a forum JP walker from 2005. It has an SE Hardcore which is vertical laminate with horizontal strips where heels and toes are placed. I've been looking at my board recently since it's at that point where its got enough dings, chips, and scratches for me to desire a new board.

I really can't justify the expense though, because as far as I know, snowboard manufacturing doesn't seem to have improved that much since I got my board.

So my question to the community is this:
Since I genuinely believe I am wrong in my assumptions as I have NEVER researched boards in my life other than the basic physics behind different core materials, can someone point me in the direction to finding anything and everything to do with freestyle snowboards, their flexibility, and how technology has improved in the last 5-10 years?

I know this is a very broad question, but I've searched and my searches have only turned up board shops trying to tell me they have the best board for my needs, as per usual.

I have an old Burton board in my shed and the near-10 year difference between that board and mine was miles apart. I want to see that kind of a difference if I decide to get a new board, and not just feel like I'm buying a new board for aesthetics.

Anyway, thanks for your input guys!
Mcfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote