Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Boot Saga... (ala Goldilocks)
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 04:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
It's not so much tying as re-tying or double-knotting then untying wet laces. Fuck that. Plus lets say you want to loosen your boots on the lift, more bullshit I say...

I have the 32 Lashed. You get the hang of lacing them on the lift. It's not that hard. Where I ride I take a gondola to the top and I can re-lace both boots--inner lining and outer boot in a packed gondola and still have time to check my phone and put my gloves and helmet back on before unloading. If Im sitting on a quad chair solo or with one other person I can relace my free foot I can adjust the strapped in foot but that's a bit more difficult.

32s were the only boots that fit my super wide feet, I had Burtons previously and they were HELL. I demoed a pretty new pair of the Lashed for a day and I thought I would want a slightly stiffer but wasn't really sure so I bought them. After putting about 20 days on them they softened up too much but not so much that they are unwearable. I can really crank the laces and get them almost where I want them. That usually leaves me with blisters on my hands. I used to race bikes and I always wanted my cycling shoes super fucking tight and I adjust my pedals so I needed a lot of torque to twist out of them. Old habits I guess?

Anyway, boots being too soft for your riding style probably isn't the end of the world. They don't last forever you know!