Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - All mountain/powder friendly board
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 07:48 PM   #47 (permalink)
JHeagz

Quote:
Originally Posted by nip175 View Post
JHeagz - what Rice board do you have? blunt or pointy? maybe thats why its not so great in the pow? or... sorry to say it could just be you. i have a lib phoenix, which is pretty much the same as your board, and i have no problem in pow, last season in whistler was fucking insane, so much powder, i had multiple 50cm+ days, and my board kills it in the pow. i never got stuck or felt like there was to much pow. im thinkin you could try a different stance in the pow, or maybe its a binding issue. i have a real hard time believing your board wont float, no offence but i think its the rider. also i didnt read every page, but i saw you ride on the east coast. you must not be used to powder, thats why you have trouble floating on it because unless your board is physically damaged, i would say it's still good, and they still use all that same tech in the same board today. not to much has changed in the last few years.
I have a pointy, but it's a pretty stiff board (stiffer than the Phoenix) and the C2BTX doesn't float anywhere near as good as the BTX. I had a TRS BTX before the TRice, so I know the difference. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast riding in pow last year (Whistler, Jackson and Mt Baker), but I also know that there are boards that could be even more fun in powder/trees.
JHeagz is offline   Reply With Quote