Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride Machete+lowrize tech.
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
david_z
Official SBF Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8_choco21 View Post
So i found a super killer deal on a 2012 ride machete which has the lowrize technology. I was hoping to get some feedback on the board itself along with the lowrize technology that it comes with. I have only ever ridden a positive camber board and the fact that in has a flat base up to the contact points makes me think it would be a pretty easy transition from my older Rome Artifact pos. camber. I've read a few reviews saying that it is a good all mountain board so since I ride like 70% park, 20% freestyle/big kickers, and 10% just bombing do you guys think this is the board for me?
The 2010 Machete was the first non-traditional camber board I rode. I think the Low-rize which is nearly a flat-camber is a good transition if you're interested in testing the waters with different camber shapes.

Here's my take on the 2013 Machete which is the same spec as previous years it's a solid board, it's like a medium-firm park board or a medium-soft all-mountain board probably best-suited for someone doing like a little bit more "all mountain" than you do but if the price is right it would still be a good option as it's a versatile board.

Repping the world's smallest mountains... 2013-2014 snow days: 42

Mt. Brighton - 13
Mt. Holly - 5
Hawk Island - 3
Mt. Bohemia - 3
Mt. Tolle - 3
Pine Knob - 2
Crystal Mountain - 2
Treetops - 2
Alpine Valley - 2
Caberfae Peaks - 2
Urban - 1