Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Your Snowboard Vehicle.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 04:11 PM   #1113 (permalink)
AudiS5boarder

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen View Post
Cool, I've just seen so many people on car forums talking HP numbers that were completely out to lunch!

Some dyno's read higher than others, and it also depends on if that was raw or corrected. If it was corrected you might have been helped to a higher figure.

Either way it's not THAT important.

Yeah my goal for the MR2 was 300 at the rear wheels. I had a disco potato (GT2860RS) turbo, AEM standalone EFI, custom intake manifold, A2W intercooler, etc. etc. etc. but for some reason on the dyno day she wouldn't go beyond 18.5 PSI. I should post my dyno graph here because normally the 3S-GTE will have a very flat torque curve and HP keeps climbing, but my torque was peaking around 4000 RPM and dropping quickly after that. Could have been cams but I think there was another limiting factor somewhere.

I'm a light car nut, my current ride is a '77 Toyota Celica. Thing weighs 2500 lb or so from the factory and I've got tons stripped out of it. Still deciding on what engine to go with, but with even 300 RWHP in a 2200 lb car I'll be laughing!
I had my car dyno'd by 3zero3 and MAC auto sport here in Denver and the average was 419.4 WHP.
AudiS5boarder is offline   Reply With Quote