Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What's the deal with Malavita's
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
camosunsnowboar

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Malavitas are the higher end park binding. They have a heel hammock, which allows you to not strap in as tight (if you don't like strapping in as tight), but still get the same grip. If you're running ESTs they have the hinge, auto cant and dual component ratchets. This year there's a clear difference in ankle straps

Cartels have AysmReact strap. Which is like the Asym but with less material. I guess the team really likes this one.
Malavitas have the Asym Strap - Super comfy
Missions have the SuperStrap.

re: The winged Highback
Ummm....if you think it works, then it does. I have a pair of malavitas and bought some winged highbacks....I couldn't tell a huge difference. Looks cool though!

re: why they're not discussed...I think they are.
A lot of people talk about the Malavitas on this forum, but this place really likes their Romes/Fluxs/Flows, so normally it's in comparison to those. I like Unions which means normally I'll get yelled at here.

They're nice bindings.
Ya, I too have the (restricted) Malavitas, and haven't really noticed much difference with the wing. I think I'll just be running them on my Antler for the season. The asym straps are where it's at for me; comfy, not too thick, fit my DK's well.

I'm with Phony on Union though. Rode the Atlas last season, absolutely loved it...maybe even a little more than the Malavita. Pow, park whatever... baseplates were responsive enough on the deep days, but playful enough for the park (if that makes sense). 10% carbon injected.

Last edited by camosunsnowboar; 11-07-2012 at 09:59 PM.
camosunsnowboar is offline   Reply With Quote