Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Neversummer Proto
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 06:22 PM   #14 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emagen View Post
Thanks, I currently have a burton blunt in a 147 and I've been on it for a few years now. It chatters at higher speeds and learned I'm just not good at freestyle. I'd rather just spend the day cruising and jumping off natural features, so I was looking to get something a little stiffer. But didn't want a plank that couldn't control.

When I got the blunt, I was also considering the Evo, would the Evo in a 150 be better or would the Proto CT in the 152 be ok?
So the Evo and the Proto are very similar boards... they have the same shape, the same construction, and the flex profile... just the Proto has the carbonium topsheet which makes it a little bit stiffer and snapper in the nose and tail.

So if freestyle is not a big priority (no more than a few runs through the park)... then I would move up to the SL 153 or Cobra 153. They have a different construction, making them more "damp", which literally reduces the chatter you get at high speed. The Cobra is different from the SL in that it is more directional shaped (for powder) and has the carbonium topsheet (again giving it a different snappy feel). I say that having only ridden several versions of the SL (2008,2009, 2012) - but given that I have ridden the Evo and the Proto, I can guess what it is like.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote