Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Cartel vs Malavita for Attack Banaa
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCG View Post
I ended up ordering the '13 Cartel Re:Flex Restricted. I went for them due to the rave reviews of the asym strap. I took a hard look at Malavitas but could not justify the extra cost. I'm sure I'll be happy with the Cartels seeing as I'm moving from a set of 07/08 Missions. Just wanted some newer tech / flex to work with my Attack Banana. I also figure that the '13s will have any bugs sorted out of the reflex system. Had a hard time going with the corporate giant... but at least they use reground material to make the Cartel (so they say) and my board is made in the US.

Watch... the '14s will have "The Hinge"... (which apparently Burton tired with the reflex system but generated too much flex... meaning... we can't undercut our proprietary EST system!) but I plan on living with these for five years.
Glad you overcame your dislike of the 'corporate giant' which is the privately owned Burton. How do you like Lib tech being run by Quiksilver?

Anyways, your thoughts about Burton not wanting to undercut their EST system with the hinge are incorrect. The hinge was put into est bindings to mimic the natural lateral flex reflex and other disc bindings have. Reflex flex = good. Adding the hinge to reflex would mean too much flex = bad. They tested it out. So, with reflex, rest assured that you have the best that burton have out at this time
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote