Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Technical Shell Jacket Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #77 (permalink)
Nivek
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia View Post
I completely disagree with you (along with virtually every reviewer, user and countless top end manufactures that use the membrane). ANYONE can benefit from goretex. Its second to none for breathability which is critical, so even if you board and it NEVER rains its worth while. HOT?! its a shell and unless the manufacture ads an additional inner lining its not going to make you hot..ever. The fact its a shell is great because you can layer up or down based on your personal preference and weather conditions.

Goretex wont breath well if you dont wash it as the poors get clogged. Running is a sure way to do that quick because you are going to sweat a hell of a lot more then when boarding. You will compound the problem if you wear cotton underneath.
I'm fucking with you all! I was bored as shit that night and wanted a fight. I love my running shell. Bike in it too actually. It's fucking money. Most people are buying outerwear every other year or so for fashion so for them Goretex is overkill. I get shit for free so I don't care regardless. But if I did have to get something that would stay premium for more than 2 years it would be Gore.

Though for gloves I've had better luck with Pow's and Celteks that use Hypora.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote