Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 390 Boss vs Union Contact Pro
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 10:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
henry06x

I have not tried unions yet, but Just picked up some 2012 390 boss. I've read what people said about setup and listened to Leo when he said to read the setup page first, then try to fit them to your boots. Helped out a lot understanding the adjustments first then getting into it. I think it took me an hour or so to set them up but that's because I mounted them to my board and noticed something was off and had to take them off and re-adjust it a second time. They seem solid so far although I have not gotten to ride them yet.

On first take the ratchets feel good and they made me realize instantly how bad rides ratchets really are. I'm not sold on the toe cap, I think rides and Burton's (when I looked at Burton's) are a lot nicer, but if they stay put and hold well theres no problem. from all you ear about union it sounds like all are better. The 2 peice canted footbed I think is much more complicated than it needs to be, but if your not planning on changing the cant angles or to putting them on other boards you don't need to worry about it. They also seem narrow compared to my ride bindings. My old ride deuce boots do not fit them width wise, but my new Ride Triads barley do. I'm thinking its because I'm on the large end of the S/M binding and if so they need a M/L 3rd sizing option.

Academy Propaganda rev - Rome 390 Boss
New for 14-15
Yes the Basic - Now IPO

Last edited by henry06x; 11-07-2012 at 10:29 PM.
henry06x is offline   Reply With Quote