Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:09 AM   #89 (permalink)
grafta
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
The thing is once I make the decision to leave, that's it. No chance to move back here again until next season. I live in Blueberry and have my own room but I'm in Van on every day off. Winter WILL get better right? I won't be bitter at having to housekeep when there's boarding to be done, right? And I WILL get better fairly quickly if I keep at it... right?!?

I just need to know that if I DID move to Van, the $1300 worth of equipment and clothes would be used regularly because good mountains aren't far away.

3hours is doable for a weekend. but I'm an Aussie female and driving isn't doable.
Ok, so Whistler is about 1.5hrs from Van, and Baker is about 1.5hrs from Van too... but there is a border crossing (obviously)... and you'll need a car to get to Baker. No bus.

If you are learning you don't need Baker... or Whis for that matter. You could be living in Van, and up at Cypress, Grouse or Seymour getting some hours in and gaining some confidence. All the local hills are under 3/4hr away from downtown (car). Public transit goes to Grouse (easiest), $20 (i think) bus to cypress return, public transit to bottom of Seymour then $6 one way shuttle or hitchhike up... more like an hour to 1.5hr kinda ting.

I dunno, whis will prob be fun when winter kicks in but if you like the city then move down. More variety of jobs I guess.

You sound homesick
grafta is offline   Reply With Quote