Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Is this board new or used? Interesting issue
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 12:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by shralp View Post
All those issues are very minor cosmetic things. You were expecting a board with a few dings/scratches and that looks like what you got.

Edges get surface rust when exposed to water or even high humidity. Rain isn't going to hurt a board.

The base goes white when its dried out, all new boards need wax anyway. The factory wax was applied months ago.

binding marks could happen if it was a store display.

Again, it's all cosmetic, and you knew it wasn't pristine, so go ride it and stop worrying.
as mentioned in my first post I dont care about cosmetic scratches, and I fully expected them as I was warned about them. I dont even care about rust on the edges because it rubs off. What I care about is being sold a "new" board that was used as in taken to the slopes and used as a demo. A demo does not sell for the same as a new board with some scratches.

Im getting the sense that these marks dont necessarily lead to a board which was used on the slopes, but one just cared for poorly at the store. Im fine with that for the price I paid.
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote