Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Vancouver 12-13 Season
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #90 (permalink)
mitch19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTQ View Post
Hi everyone. I'm currently living in Whistler and have been here two months but am considering moving to Van for a better paying job. I know it's slow season but I'm not loving being here, least of all having to housekeep because there's nothing else around.
I've tried googling but can't really come up with a single reply or advice on getting to Mt Baker. My friend suggested I board there weekends and live in Van instead of living in Whistler but I was told by someone else that it's like a 5 hour drive so I don't know what crazy talk my friend is speaking. Anyone have any idea on boarding Baker on weekends? Hard to do? Would I need a car? Or should I stay put and suck it up in Whistler. I'm a newb to snowboarding - been twice for a week at a time but sucked SO SO SO bad.
Do you plan on just doing the season in Van/Whistler? or do you want to move here permanently? that would be the deciding factor for me. If you just want the season where you can work, snowboard, meet some fantastic people and party as much or as little as you want, then Whistler is the place. I've been here for a year now, yes is SUCKS when you first get here and especially now with the temps not being cold and no snow, compared to last year now is so much worse. If you want to settle down get a decent job where you can possibly start a career and still have the options of snowboarding close, then yes Vancouver is probably better (not that whistler hasn't helped start my career)

I know if I lived in Vancouver, Whistler is the last place I would go for a weekend trip. SO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE!!! This season I will be riding Monday-Friday basically but won't ride the weekend because you spend 25mins waiting for a chair. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you want advise on Whistler cause I know how hectic it can be at first, if you have your own room in Blueberry you sound pretty set up. If you have been here two months I am surprised you have not been able to get anything but housekeeping
mitch19 is offline   Reply With Quote