Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - tremblant vs killington
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech420 View Post
No offense, but it just sounds like you're not a very good rider. I ride at Killington quite a bit and have never had any type of issues walking anywhere. Most of the runs are pretty long if you're starting at the top. The new boss is heading in the right direction and really seems to know what the people want. He has been very honest and up front about their current snow making and mountain status. There are certainly better places to ride, but Killington is a good mountain and has a bit of everything for everyone. Sounds like you just have a personal issue.
Hey, Tech, I take offense. Been riding for thirteen years, doing the double blacks at Tahoe (Kirkwood, Squaw, Alpine), and Stowe back East. I just hate Killington. It doesn't compare, it's just massive and spread out, but I never found it challenging or worth the asshole crowds.

You mention "the NEW BOSS." Good point...maybe things will be different this year. The CT Ski Council has some cheap lift tix on their calendar this year, for the first time in a few years, so I will be going. But it has sucked on literally every other trip I've made before, even with fresh pow. Short runs, I don't know how you compare it with someplace like Stowe where you ride for 3 miles...Killy seems like I'm at the bottom by the time I even lay in a few turns. Although stuff like Jaws and some of the other steeps are fun ways to keep your skills up until you get to someplace real.

Last edited by surfinsnow; 11-08-2012 at 01:17 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote