Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going to Tahoe, Pointers?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Plan on going sometime between late Feb. and early March and just watch the weather. I went for a week on presidents day a couple years ago and got sooo lucky with the conditions. Literally snowed at least 30" almost every night after we got there....powder was so ridiculous the parks at both Heavenly and Sierra weren't open. Not that I cared too much as I def got some of the best tree runs in ever at both places.
I think I was there that year, the last two weeks of Feb two years ago, starting President's Day week. It snowed for four days...never seen anything like it! I literally didn't know how to ride it. We stayed in Tahoe City, so Homewood was the easiest place to get to, and mid-week was sweet. Super quiet. But, man! That snow was fcuking crazy! So deep, I didn't know what to do with it! I've never ridden where you didn't even have to turn...just lean way back and go for it. Homewood glades were insane with that deep pow! Probably won't make it back this year...had foot surgery for a torn tendon last season. Still recovering. Very sad!

Last edited by surfinsnow; 11-08-2012 at 01:25 PM.
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote