Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Lake Louise yesterday
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #39 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriouscat View Post
I don't know about the platter man... that's a long ass ride with snowboard. Couple times a day is my limit on it. I think they use it to keep relatively new people off of the sketchier terrains.
Think I made an executive decision to just do Nakiska instead unless LL opens up a whole lot more terrain. If I'm doing the one run races I'd rather only drive one hour from home! Too bad I was hoping to hit some of the stuff off the top of the world.

Yeah the platter is a leg, thigh killer for sure. It seems like it goes up a solid 30 degree slope the whole time! The best part is exactly what you said, too many people are scared to ride it so the snow up there is the best (and of course the terrain too. Last year in May I took the platter up, and then hiked up the ridge leading NW from the top, then plunged down into those chutes on the back. Great way to send off the season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytard View Post
You've been riding for 2 weeks already!!

You bastard

I think I got about 2 more to wait.
See see?!? Calgary is better than vancouver. This will be my third weekend in a row heading to the hills...
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote