Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going to Tahoe, Pointers?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #13 (permalink)
Skinny Bam

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfinsnow View Post
I think I was there that year, the last two weeks of Feb two years ago, starting President's Day week. It snowed for four days...never seen anything like it! I literally didn't know how to ride it. We stayed in Tahoe City, so Homewood was the easiest place to get to, and mid-week was sweet. Super quiet. But, man! That snow was fcuking crazy! So deep, I didn't know what to do with it! I've never ridden where you didn't even have to turn...just lean way back and go for it. Homewood glades were insane with that deep pow! Probably won't make it back this year...had foot surgery for a torn tendon last season. Still recovering. Very sad!
Yeppp thats when it was. Shit was crazy. My buddy who I was riding with had never rode in real powder so he had a tough time following me through the trees but he started to catch on pretty quick. Not gonna lie I was a little bummed the parks were closed even though there was so much fresh...coming from AZ I dont get a lot of 35+ foot jumps. Pretty funny to see faces of the staff when I asked when they were opening the park when it was some of the best pow days of the year

Luckily my last day we hit Diamond Peak which although very small did have 2 nice size jumps and park that was open. Looking forward to making a trip again this year since i got the Epic.
Skinny Bam is offline   Reply With Quote