Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Going to Tahoe, Pointers?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
surfinsnow
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Bam View Post
Yeppp thats when it was. Shit was crazy. My buddy who I was riding with had never rode in real powder so he had a tough time following me through the trees but he started to catch on pretty quick. Not gonna lie I was a little bummed the parks were closed even though there was so much fresh...coming from AZ I dont get a lot of 35+ foot jumps. Pretty funny to see faces of the staff when I asked when they were opening the park when it was some of the best pow days of the year

Luckily my last day we hit Diamond Peak which although very small did have 2 nice size jumps and park that was open. Looking forward to making a trip again this year since i got the Epic.
Diamond Peak is cute! We went only because I was doing a business call on the Marketing Dept, and they comped me after our meeting. Still only stayed for a couple of hours. It is BEAUTIFUL, but gets boring really fast. Still, we had deep pow, and I went down one of their little blacks and triggered a mini-avalanche! At Diamond Peak, of all places! Slide halfway down the mountain upside down and head first. Glad it was there, and not Kirkwood!
surfinsnow is offline   Reply With Quote