Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton EST bindings (first bindings ever)
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarijnG View Post
I'm afraid the board is already very flexy for me (allmountain, pistes & powder), i'm not really into freestyle.
So i think the Cartels are just fine then, is that right?

Thanks for the reply!
Cartels are a solid, mid-stiff binding that will be great all over the mountain, whether that's in the park or riding around off-piste/groomers. It's one of Burton's best selling bindings for a reason.

They will be more responsive than both the Customs and the Missions, due to being a stiffer binding, overall.

You'll be fine, don't worry.

I have no idea where this theory that "matching" board and binding ratings came from. It's a huge, huge generalization, and shouldn't be used.

Both the Customs and Missions are solid bindings as well, just not as stiff/responsive as the Force. They'll both be "strong", so don't worry about that. The main differences between the two is that the Custom is a basic, no-frills binding whereas the Mission is a bit more responsive, and has some added tech featues like the Asym highback and an Asym ankle strap (on the Restricted models) and in the snowboard industry, you pay for the added tech.
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote