Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Neversummer Proto
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emagen View Post
I have taken lessons...I was just thinking that since I was looking at a slightly stiffer board I shouldn't increase the size quite as much. Is my thinking/logic wrong? I don't have that much experience on boards much larger or stiffer so that's an earnest question.
To me, for someone who only freerides (groomers, trees, powder) doesn't do any freestyle the Burton Blunt 147 is an awfully soft/short board for someone at 125 lbs.

My wife is 5'0" 95 lbs and she is riding a 146 cm board. This is a video of her riding a black diamond slope (Chair 4 at Kirkwood) halfway through her third season of snowboarding (about 15 days a season).

She will be the first to tell you that she isn't athletic - doesn't go to the gym, doesn't really do any sports (although when we first met I told her she would probably have to learn how to snowboard ). She actually gets winded tying her boots and walking to the lift from the parking lot... but I think she does a decent job of managing that board.

Last edited by lonerider; 11-08-2012 at 08:05 PM.
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote