Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Broken Board!!!
Thread: Broken Board!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #18 (permalink)
ShredLife
The Rooster King

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrattonRider View Post
I am confused. What is the difference between lighting a p-tex candle and dripping it in and a base weld?
ptex is what your base is made of, so that is what you repair it with. you can buy a ptex candle for about a buck and drip in in yourself - can be hard to do well; most people let it flame up too much which lets air bubbles into the drips when they harden and it can fall out with use. you can use a base welding gun which basically heats a strip of ptex to the perfect temp and pushes it into the void. it WILL hold in there better than a candle in general, however i've had candle repairs last a decade of off and on riding...

the damage itself is not the death nail for that board - you just need to keep an eye on it. water will kill it, so you need to seal it one way or another and check it after you ride on it. if it falls out - make sure the board is dried out and seal it up again....

Linville - i was pretty much joking man, but as we can see here sometimes "i'll just buy you a new one and keep that one" isn't a viable plan... although it is the route us more honorable grown folks would take some people just can't... idon'treallythinkyoumadbro its all cools.
ShredLife is offline   Reply With Quote