Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which board should I bring with me to Whistler?
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
I think you guys are all overreacting. He was saying they were similar boards...and amazingly they are: both are hybrid camber with rocker between the feet, then camber (then the custom fv has a bit more rocker in the tips) AND both have some edge tech to make them 'better' than regular edges.

Which board should the OP take to Whistler? The answer is either one, the OP had a good previous trip on the custom v-rocker...so either of these boards will offer better edge hold than that board.
I think our reaction has more to do with his wretched attitude from the very first post. Then when some tried to politely correct him, he became an even bigger douche.

Yes, you can find similarities. But even those similarities are quite different.

Frostbite is edges that protrude slightly out further underfoot. Magnetraction adds 7 points of contact making the edges look serrated. They do not handle at all like each other. Magnetraction seriously grips the terrain particularly on ice. Frostbite does a good job without that extra bite.

The rocker in between on the Custom is more pronounced than the section found on C2 BTX boards. I find that mid section on the custom fly V to be a bit much. I prefer the Easy Livin's Fly V shape.

Then there's flex. The Rice is significantly stiffer. Custom is directional twin. Rice true twin.

These two boards might pop on a person's short list, but I sincerely believe they serve completely different purposes. Not that a person can't rip on both. Just saying... If it were me, Rice for big mountain. Custom Fly V if I want to freestyle more and am not looking for complete stability.