Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need some feedback!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 09:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR&TheAR-10 View Post
I would say Im not experienced when it comes to boxes,rails, ect but I have 8-10 years in all mountain freestyle
Look into the Contact Pro, Atlas, and Force bindings from Union.
They're roughly in the same category as the other bindings mentioned, and they seem to be roughly in line with your riding style and what you're looking for.

The Force is a solid, mid-stiff binding. No frills, no bullshit on it. Everything you need in a snowboard binding, and nothing you don't. It's comparable to a Rome 390 or a Burton Cartel, as kind of a do anything, responsive binding.

The Atlas is a bit softer than the Force, due to having the Stage 3 baseplate, and having a totally different highback. It's still responsive, but just a touch softer, especially side-to-side. Still kills it all over the mountain, whether that's in the park or anywhere else on the mountain. I personally ride this binding, after switching from the Force two seasons back, and I really enjoy it.

The Contact Pro is the most flexible out of the 3, as the baseplate is based off the Contact tray. However, the basetray is stiffer due to some added materials, and the highback is totally different compared to the regular Contact. This is the binding Gigi Ruf put his input into, and it's a really fun, all mountain binding.

Either way, you can't go wrong with any of these 3 bindings, or any of the other bindings people have mentioned. They will all strap you to your board so you can ride it down the hill, which is the main point of snowboarding, right?
Alkasquawlik is offline   Reply With Quote