Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Denver suburbs locals! I need some advice
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #89 (permalink)
RockyMTNsteeze

I-70 sucks so bad. I have been stuck on that highway for hours and I hate it. A couple of years ago my friend and I were stuck on Vail Pass for 5 hours. There were wrecks every all over the place, pretty sure some people died. I saw multiple nasty accidents that day. 1-70 shuts down a lot. The gas you will use to get to the mountains will eat away at your cheap rent. Also constantly driving your car on I-70 for miles will increase the wear and tear on your car. I-70 is one hell of a highway. I like not going on it. Weekend warriors can suck it, but we need them for our lively hood.

There are lots of shitty restaurant jobs in the mountains. My guess if you get one in Denver you will be paid less than in the mountains and would be using a lot of gas to get the ski areas. Tourists are on vacation and don't want to cook dinner, so the restaurants are hiring. Has it occurred to you to look at the Colorado craigslist? The Rocky Mountain Colorado craigslist will have job and rent postings. This would give you a good idea on the rent and employment.

I am not scared walking my harmless friendly wiener dog in my Mountain Mexican Neighborhood.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote