Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which board should I bring with me to Whistler?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Supra
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeeden View Post
Yes Nip is a total douche. I didn't want to call him out as I wanted to keep things civil. He obviously hasn't been snowboarding long enough to think that these two boards are similar.

I went from camber to rocker and then to hybrid. I like the rocker for its playfulness. Some days I like me some butter and some days I just like to charge. So that's why i asked this question because my v-rocker was a totally different feel compared to the t. rice. I was curious to know what changed on the flying v.

Maybe I wasn't clear, but there are other reasons why I asked the original question.

1. Its hard to take two boards and two bindings with me on this trip due to limited cargo space in the van. I want to pack light as possible. I'll be going with 4 others. The wife will think Its unnecessary to bring 2 sets.

2. I'm leaving to whistler Xmas day . Out here on the ice coast we probably won't get any massive pow dumps before we head for me to test both boards on Powder. Its already safe to assume which board handles well on ice. I probably won't even be able to get out to local hill before xmas.

Last year, the season started on December 19th here too!

If consensus was that both boards rode almost similar to each other, then I could sell the flying v and buy a true rocker for those days that I just want to mess around. But since there isn't a common answer I guess I'll have to figure out a way to bring both with me and find out.
well, how about me then? I would put them in the same category too, since they are both all mountain hybrid rocker boards.

Two suggestions:
1) an extra board won't take up much space in the board bag if you don't bring bindings with it. You get the added hassle of switching bindings over at night, but then you'd have both boards.
2) Since it sounds like you're stoked on the Trice, I would say sell the custom fv and pick up something with a bigger difference. I'd say grab a powder board but since you live on the east coast maybe you wouldn't want that. Or grab a park/dork board (or like you said, a full rocker board) and have the trice for all mountain.

for the powder board idea, you could save it for your annual whistler trips or for the odd time you got a dump on the EC. You could go for a fullon pow board (burton fish) or something that is more like a regular board but floats amazing (capita charlie slasher, burton barracuda, etc)
Supra is offline   Reply With Quote