Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What bindings to get??
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #35 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
if your union toestraps fit your boots it is only by luck.

they have the shittiest cap design in the industry - hands down.

they refuse to innovate or change this because they ordered them in such a large quantity that they're still selling product from 5+ years ago.

if bright colors distract you then you might be stupid enough to buy these.

and now we know that they use pathetic spam attempts to market their shithole product. fuck union. fuck capita. this shit if for little kids who know no better and are financed by mommy.
I am going to have to disagree. I think they have the best toecap in the industry. it's true that the hole doesn't fit symmetrically on your boot, but the fat part wraps perfectly around your boot and will NOT come off. Due to the weird weather in California last year I rode in a LOT of variable conditions and , when I would get to the bottom of the run after maybe a coupla wipeouts the cap was still on the boot. If there was a ton of ice on my boot, the cap stayed on, if it was snowing/rainy out, the cap stayed on. My burton gettagrips had slippage (supra will disagree most likely), as did my rome 390s (I heard they're making a newer toe strap though.) last year.

This is just my personal experience after riding 50 days last year on a combination of Altases and my bastard DLXs that had the contact pro toecap...because I like to be matchy matchy.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote