Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What bindings to get??
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #37 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
if your union toestraps fit your boots it is only by luck.

they have the shittiest cap design in the industry - hands down.

they refuse to innovate or change this because they ordered them in such a large quantity that they're still selling product from 5+ years ago.

if bright colors distract you then you might be stupid enough to buy these.

and now we know that they use pathetic spam attempts to market their shithole product. fuck union. fuck capita. this shit if for little kids who know no better and are financed by mommy.
That's ridiculous.

Unions have toe caps have fit me best, and that's one of the reasons why I've been riding them for 4-5 years now. To take from another company's "shittiest" designs, you can look at Burton. I had a pair of Malavitas and those Supercaps, or whatever they call them, kept slipping off my Kaijus. Not enough to make it a hassle, but a couple times throughout the day, whereas my Forces never slipped. If you have Burton boots, they work great, but my friends and I have had issues with other boots, Nikes specifically.
That's why I like my Exile straps, they have the interior of the toe cap hollowed out so it fits right over the toe and never slips. Unions are like these as well. I just got a pair of Infidels and I'll give those straps another try, but I may have to order or find a pair of Exile straps to replace them.

Union has had some issues with toe caps in the past. I personally never experienced any, but they changed that design 2 years ago, and apparently the issue is fixed, so that they're compatible with most boots out there now.

I'm personally not a fan of the "skittles" colorways either, but as a shop kid, those are the first that go out the door. Ya, granted to younger guys, but how many other people on the hill do you see riding Unions. Whether those are Contacts, Forces, etc. If they're "so fucking terrible", why do you think so many people choose to buy them? And that they're quite arguably the #1 binding brand on the market?

So much unfounded hate. btw, i liked how you waited to reply until your butt buddy did.