Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 390 Boss vs Union Contact Pro
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #60 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Sure if I had to ride those I'd still have fun. That's not the point. The point is everyone else is doing better straps. Why support a brand that refuses to address user concerns?
Define "better".

I love those straps, they work perfectly for me, which is why I chose to support them. I've owned and ridden a ton of bindings before, and I really Unions. I didn't like the straps on my Malavitas. They felt too cushy and unresponsive for me. Does that mean those straps don't work for other people better than Unions? Sure.

But there's obviously a ton of people who have seen what the market offers, and chosen to support Union.

Like I said, define better. Snowboarding isn't about quantifying "riding experience", it's about having fun. And if those bindings don't work for you, then that sucks, but good thing there's a fuckload of other companies out there that you can choose from and find something that fits you and your riding style.

But just because you personally don't like how Unions ride, doesn't make them a terrible binding, or have "worse" straps.