Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 06:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
sleev-les

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony_stark View Post
Dude, sorry you hated the forces. Just to play devils advocate, unless you fall a lot and have to strap back in multiple times on one run. Having to use a very little bit of mustard to get off the toe strap isn't a big deal.

I think, despite it being admittedly harder (but not hard at all) to undo the toestrap, in my experience, Union has the best one in the game. It doesn't slip for shit. I would much rather my toe strap be hard to take off than easy to unbuckle. It would give me peace of mind that my toes were gonna stay strapped on the whole run. With gloves on, they're pretty easy to pop off and "break in" around day 15.

Vitas are a good choice, very comfy and you don't have to use any muscles to undo the toestrap.
When I look at the other bindings I've rode (Burton Cartel, Rome 390, GNU junk, hell even Drakes when I first started boarding) I've never had a toe strap come loose on me. Now I will play fair and note that the comfort and ride was better on the Cartels and 390's while great usability. I wasn't impressed with the Drakes ride after I had them a few seasons and started to get better at boarding. The 390's, the lean angle adjustment breaks loose easily on a fall, but overall is a better binding than the Forces. There is no way I'd continue to deal with Forces (and failure to correct a simple engineering issue) and have to fight to get the toestrap ratchet loose every time . It doesn't have to be multiple times, it just has to be when I get to the bottom and want my back foot out of the binding for what its worth. They definitely aren't the best in the game bro, but seems a lot of people are hypnotised by them for some reason. If you like them, I'm glad you do and that they are working for you, but there are def plenty of better options out there.

Last edited by sleev-les; 11-09-2012 at 06:23 AM.
sleev-les is offline   Reply With Quote