Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for an affordable wax iron
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ridethesnow80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi-Man View Post
I used a cheap Walmart Iron for years without any issues. Find one with no steam holes if possible. Find the setting that melts the wax but does not make it smoke and mark the spot....you may even go a little less after it heats up. The main thinig with a cheap iron is that it seems to fluctuate in temp more than a traditional ski iron.

OT...I noticed you were from Minnesota. A good friend of mine, my primary and most reliable boarding contact, is moving to Mound. Duty calls out there for work. I don't know anything about the area, and neither does he. Is there anything decent in the area? It looks to be close to Minneapolis. He is not a park rider, just enjoys bombing along...
Afton alps is good can get a little crowded there! Welch village about an hr from the cities. If you don't mind 2hr drive spirit in Duluth is a good spot . Or even check out troll haugen in WI about a little over 1 1/12 hr from mound.
Ridethesnow80 is offline   Reply With Quote