Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Purchase Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Bobby

Default Board Purchase Help!

Hey looking for advice from someone other than the guy selling me a board haha. Afraid of them pushing a board on me they want to get rid of!

Anyway. I've been riding for about 6 years. I have a k2 Zeppelin for about 5 years, and I feel like it's time to change, and explore some new technology. But after reading a lot about camber/rocker/hybrids, all-mountain/freeride/freestyle, I am more confused.

90% of what I do on the mountain is throw my iPod on, and fly down with as much speed as I can handle, stopping sometimes to play with a small jump or carve around. I like to go fast and I like to maneuver a lot. Then for maybe an hour or two I might go to the park to hit some rails and such. I really don't go in the pipe (yet?).

Also I mostly am in PA, sometimes in Vermont, but I'm going out to Vail this year, and may start going West more. ( Iunderstand there are considerations in board for nice powder vs crappy east coast snow (ice).

So I want to choose a board that let's me continue to go fast, has a lot of control for carving and tight turns, but also that I can use to play around lightly in the terrain park (but not a trick rider by any means).

So what do you think? All help appreciated. As for price, I can probably afford what I need, but obviously don't want to pay more than I need to.

Thanks so much!
Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote