Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My feet are like triangles...
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigre View Post
I have this problem with footwear. My forefoot is a little on the wide side, and my heels are really small. Also, my calves are fairly large (muscular, that is) for my foot size. Also, I'm a girl. I have a pair of Burton Tributes that I bought because they were cheap and fit better than anything else I tried on, but now that they've packed out my heels lift like crazy. So I need new boots. I also live five hours one-way from the nearest snowboard store. It would be nice to have an idea of what I'm looking for before I get there, so I don't spend all day wandering around to different shops trying on every single thing I see.

So I was just wondering if anyone had advice on boots that fit really triangular feet, but that aren't really narrow or small-volume all around. I have somewhat high arches, but that can be dealt with through insoles. They do not have to be women's boots. I wear a size 8 women's (6 or 7 men's), and I'll happily wear men's boots if they fit my feet right. These boots will be used for 100% backcountry, mostly powder riding, and I'd like something I can grow into (so to speak) as I gain confidence and tackle bigger, steeper lines. I prefer traditional laces, and will not use BOA systems. If a real lace breaks in the field I can fix it with paracord.
DUCK SHAPED FEET UNITE!. I too have average/wide toes with a super narrow heels. I have tried Burton, DCShoes, Salomon, 32, K2 and nothing fits me as well as Nitros boots. They have a very contoured heel pocket.

I have worn the men's Team TLS and Select TLS... if you are set on traditional laces, I found the women's Nitro Fader in size 8 for 40% off (free shipping, easy returns)
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote