Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #53 (permalink)
phony_stark
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleev-les View Post
When I look at the other bindings I've rode (Burton Cartel, Rome 390, GNU junk, hell even Drakes when I first started boarding) I've never had a toe strap come loose on me. Now I will play fair and note that the comfort and ride was better on the Cartels and 390's while great usability. I wasn't impressed with the Drakes ride after I had them a few seasons and started to get better at boarding. The 390's, the lean angle adjustment breaks loose easily on a fall, but overall is a better binding than the Forces. There is no way I'd continue to deal with Forces (and failure to correct a simple engineering issue) and have to fight to get the toestrap ratchet loose every time . It doesn't have to be multiple times, it just has to be when I get to the bottom and want my back foot out of the binding for what its worth. They definitely aren't the best in the game bro, but seems a lot of people are hypnotised by them for some reason. If you like them, I'm glad you do and that they are working for you, but there are def plenty of better options out there.
This is a fair assessment. From what I hear though, you're having a problem with the ratchet, not the strap itself. I will be the first to admit every other binding I've used has an easier toe buckle than the Union toe buckle, but I feel like, from my personal experience, that, if my toe remains strapped into the boot, having to use a little (emphasis on little) extra mustard to get the toe buckle off at the end of a run, is a small price to pay if everything else with my binding experience is amazing. Also they break in around day 6.

If you want an easy buckle on your toe and that's the most important thing to your binding experience, burton has a great one.
phony_stark is offline   Reply With Quote