Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Whistler in February
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Sassicaia
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Having no idea what your budgets are or expectations ill just throw out a few different things that I like and dont.

Trust me on this one. Go to Quatro (very nice restaurant), and order the best thing on the menu which also happens to be the cheapest. I think its $18. Its called Spaghetti Quatro. Tax tip and a glass of wine and you will have a good dinner in a nice place for $30 bucks. Not sure what your budget is, but all things considered its very good value for a great meal in a very nice place.

I would compare the dinner to what people describe crack to be like (without the nasty side effects).

Another recommendation for food would be the Nachos at the Fairmont. Great place for an apres board beer, and the Nachos are the best in town...with again, a nice place to sit and hang out. All the food in all the pubs is shite, or at least the equivalent to pup food anywhere.

Stay away from Araxis in the viliage. Looks tempting from the outside with location, and nice decor etc, but its nothing more then the Olive Garden for quality.

Fuck the Bearfoot Bestro.

Get an edge card if you are going to buy anythings as it gives you 20% of full priced items in whistler owned stores (i.e. Showcase). Great if you want to buy anything from this year thats not on sale. This might be for locals only, but im not sure.

Best Steak: Hys, Grill Room (Fairmont) with the edge going to the fairmont for food, but edge for Hys on atmosphere

Best all around place to eat with no budget in mind is Rim Rock.

IMO all the local whistler beer is balls, so save your money there...still better then any 'mercian beer though cuz at least its 5% and doesnt take like a bums nut sack if its not so cold it freezes your taste buds.

Best place for a pint of Guiness: The Dubh Linn Gate
Sassicaia is offline   Reply With Quote