Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #58 (permalink)
matty19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
if you have only been riding for two seasons what makes you think you have enough experience to give people advice on snowboarding?
How is two seasons of riding not enough time to form a valid opinion?

What super-OG-core-bro-"I'll be on misty 2014 shit by this Christmas" cred do you have? Does it make your opinion more accurate or your riding level and preferences more in line with a person's who's asking advice?

I live in the PNW. I'm well over six feet tall, and have a big foot. I ride a fair amount of powder, some backcountry/sidecountry steeps and technical stuff, like to charge, and at the ski area I fuck around on the small and medium jump lines in the park and am always on the lookout for side hits. I feel that I might have an insight into related categories of gear, but would be less able to inform somebody about jib boards or hardboot-style race boards. Even the opinions on gear that I know well are still just subjective impressions and anecdotes. I try to qualify that. If you don't, then you're just being a domineering, self-important asshat.
matty19 is offline   Reply With Quote