Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
matty19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
if you've been around snowboarding for 2 years you are an authority on nothing. your advice is not built on experience - its built on opinion and shit other people have told you/you read on teh webz
I've been around snowboarding for almost 27 years. There are people who have been riding for two years who have MUCH more experience with certain gear than I do. I respect their experiences and opinions as valid. I don't, however, take ANYONE'S opinion as being authoritative.

Generally, the more emotional comments (ie: X brand sucks!) that are associated with an opinion, the less I consider it when forming my own.

I know too many people who rip on gear that would absolutely not work for me to ever think that there are universal truths about this shit. Any attempt by some blowhard to make themselves appear to be an authority on matters of subjective opinion just makes them look like an asshole. Blind advocacy or opposition is ridiculous. 90% rider, 10% board (and other gear). Ride what you like.
matty19 is offline   Reply With Quote