Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Board Purchase Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
sheepstealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby View Post
Skier's Edge- thanks I'll check them out. But really more than specific boards I am looking for a little explanation if someone doesn't mind taking a minute. What style/shape (Freeride/camber? etc) board am I looking for and why?

That can help me search through different boards easier

sheepstealer - why do you say that? inside joke I'm not in on?
To answer my own somewhat useless comment (sorry...haha)...there's tons of love for the Neversummer Proto on these forums. I've never ridden it so I cannot speak to its exact pros/cons but I know its a great freestyle/all mountain deck that will be able to handle whatever you throw at it. Someone who knows this deck better than me...feel free to chime in here...

It's an expensive board though. At this point in pre-season, there's about a 0.0001% chance of you finding a deal on last years model as this board was so popular (believe me...I've looked). You're looking at a $500+ purchase just for the board itself. Expensive, yes, but everyone here seems to adore it so you can't really go wrong...

I will also give an amen to the GNU Carbon Credit - my roommate rides one and loves it. Keep an eye out on the Clymb - GNU boards have been recycling on there for the past couple months.
sheepstealer is offline   Reply With Quote