Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:21 PM   #84 (permalink)
Alkasquawlik
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I just don't get why Johan's panties are this bunched up. Doesn't he realize that he is losing customers here. Love or hate this forum, but just like at EL, people buy gear based on what they read here.

I can't imagine how awesome Johan could have made Union look had he chose to give those Team bindings to someone here... not a reviewer, but someone looking to decide between a Union or say a Malavita.

That would have been respect right there. Instead, potential Union customers are now seeing people from two different forums arguing with each other because of a contest Johan, a Union employee, decided to run.

Matty, you're trying to be reasonable right? Am I way off base here with what I said?

You want to see awesome marketing and use of forums like these? Pay attention to Never Summer, Rome, and even Wired Sports. Look at the loyalty they receive and just how many of their products are being bought based off how they treat members here.

That could have easily been Union with Johan. Maybe he's just too core to do the same. But then again, isn't that why he hates SBF members? Because we think we're too core?
This wasn't a "forum raid", at all. Although the Pointer Sisters may say otherwise.

Johan's whole rationale for this "contest" was to encourage members from EL who are either pro-Union or have had solid, positive experiences on their bindings to come to SBF to provide an opposite viewpoint to the vocal minority that is vehemently against C3.

Phony doesn't want the Teams. I don't want the Teams. I'm sure matty doesn't either. I couldn't give a fuck less about that contest. The reason why we're here is because we enjoy talking about snowboarding with other people.

Do you even know who Johan is?
He is an integral part of the community over at EL, along with numerous other industry people. He posts in threads, bullshits, and has personal relationships with a bunch of posters there. Much like WiredSport and whatever other guys you have here. That's awesome marketing. I even think he took some ELers feedback and input them into last year's Superpros.

Anyway, anyone who wants to talk snowboarding is more than welcome over at Easyloungin.