Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #95 (permalink)
matty19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
no that diatribe was to your little buddies.

they do not use the same face fabrics. period. the sabre line and more of the newer stuff is cut more with an "on resort/i never have to wear a harness or a backpack" kind of a look.

volcom's gore is nothing like Arc' everything from V has liners: pointless in a gore hardshell. they're also sub-par construction compared to Arc' - hell even Mt. Hardware is...

airblaster??? come on dude.

if all you do is ride resorts and you buy or get kicked new gear every year or two then i can see why you're fine with it.

when/if you start riding backcountry, camping in the snow in tents or in snowcaves, hiking for lines, and living in your gear you will realize what i'm talking about.
Trew, HomeSchool (sorta), AK (sub-par construction to Arc') LINERLESS shells are about the only thing coming close to a 'snowboard' company trying to compete with Arc'
I like my airblaster stuff. It's fun and playful - just like snowboarding.

When I ride in the side/back country, I don't sleep in snow caves or live in my gear. That's not my scene at this point. I've got too many other things going on in my life.

I don't get my gear for free. I have gotten a few hook-ups in the past, for which I was SUPER appreciative, but almost everything that I'm currently using I spend my hard-earned $$$ on.

For my type of riding (in and out of bounds, hiking, lots of pow) I have had the best experiences with jackets that have features designed to keep snow out (thumb loops, pow cuffs, jacket-pants interfaces) and pants that work well with snowboard boots and allow for a full range of movement. In my experience, Arcteryx is too expensive and aimed more at mountaineering. That's just one man's opinion, though.
matty19 is offline   Reply With Quote