Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Malavitas or Union Forces?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #96 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty19 View Post
Is any of this aimed at me?

I'm not the one who started riding two years ago. I started riding almost 27 years ago. There were some breaks in there, and I may not have a lifestyle that allows me to ride more than a couple of days a week, but I get my days in. I'm not going pro or anything, but I'm happy with my 90%.

Arcteryx doesn't make "hands down" anything (except maybe one of the most expensive options on the market). They make seam-welded gore-tex outerwear. So do a bunch of other companies. Same fabrics. Same laminates. For my money, the jackets have a fit that's too short in the body, and the pants have cuffs that are a little snog to comfortably get over my boots. If they work for you, that's great. I have a few different pieces of outerwear, but I'm really liking the stuff from Airblaster and Volcom lately. they fit my tall frame, and the price and construction are in line with what works best for me. I ride primarily in the PNW, so waterproofing and breathability are a big deal.

Is this the part where your opinion enables you to belittle mine?
Your Arcteryx complaint actually made me laugh. Not at you because I literally have the same problem. Not athletic cut enough aka too big around the middle. Sound familiar? You'd think I wasn't a splitboarder. Fat tubby bitch I am.

Regardless, Arcteryx stuff does hold up much better than almost any snowboard companies outerwear. Same thing with Mountain Hardware stuff. I've got a MH softshell jacket that is over 6 years old, and it's still more than functional. A couple of snowboard jackets I tried, didn't last much more than a season. I've got some Homeschool stuff I am trying. So far the jacket is solid and may actually be another long lasting piece. Which is good to see.

So I don't blame shred for going Arcteryx. If it fits, it will last. For those of us built a bit more sturdy, might not be the right gear. Nothing works if it don't fit though. Just like boots.

I also think there is a gold mine of information here for Union. Even if it hasn't been presented in the best of form. The type of stuff that can help take a company next level actually. It's all there.

Watch the trash talk on this please. Everyone is allowed to disagree, right or wrong. I'd rather not kill this thread.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote